Wednesday 14 November 2007


I finally found the ornament design for my mother... as you may know she loves joulupukki and joulutontut (Santa (the Yule Goat) and his little elves (actually yule gnomes)) and I have always some difficulties to find suitable designs for her (she loves the Finnish Santa (The Real Thing) and most Santa designs out there are way too American to her, or my, taste), but UniversBroderie solved everything: très joli, ne?

I'm going to stitch this over one, to make it small enough to be an ornament, on Graziano's 28 count Riviera with burgundy stripes, because that fabric came directly to my mind when I saw the design.

Speaking of things to stitch...

My Wentzlers came in Monday. ^^
Therefore I also have to make a drooling list list of designs which are absolutely in my to-do list:

1. Woodland Fairie
    As usual with TWs the model pictures I have seen in the internet don't do justice to this piece. Very detailed piece with beautiful colours.
2. The Storyteller
    I didn't "get" this design before late and what I fell in love with this design is the thought of harmonious life between dragons and humans... the peace, learning from each other. Or at least hope of it.
3. Castle Sampler:
    I have always been fascinated by the court life of certain eras and this design falls into that area in my odd fascinations.
    (Oh, the times when men wore tights... )
4. Stroke of Midnight:
    I have never been much of a princess fan nor I like to stitch humans, but this design is the exception which makes the rule: the way TW presents the light within the ballroom and the details of her gown are simply stunning.
5. The Castle:
    When I first saw this I wasn't fond of this at all, but since I followed Ternezia's process this grew in me - and after I saw all the colour conversions made for this design I was in love. (This one is to die for!)
    It may look like the dragon were attacking, but what if the dragon is protecting the castle?
6. The Guardian:
    When I first saw this I knew that I have to have this some day, for several reasons. One of them is the colour scheme of the dragon, as, even though I am not fond of yellow, the colours are really made for this dragon and the warmth of yellow brings balance to the design's otherwise rather cold scheme.
    Another reason is that when I was at school our teacher read us a book which was located in Cornwall and the scenery I imagined looked exactly like this.
7. The Enchanter:
    This was a real jaw dropper when I first opened the The Best of Teresa Wentzler Fantasy Collection II.
    I have never been into wizards, but once again TW's style makes the theme attractive. I love the colours and details in this design: the velvety look of his robe, the silky look of his cloak, that little dragon on top of the little tree...
There were several could-dos which I left unmentioned, and maybe they will some day become must-dos as sometimes designs grow in slowly.
In general, I wouldn't stitch ANY of these designs on white as the models have been stitched. The white background "bleaches" these gorgeous designs, takes the life out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment