Sunday 25 November 2007

Behold, I have stitched!


I started Linda's bourse Friday when I got home in the evening (as you may have deduced from stitching over one on 36 count), and it is about 70% stitched, but as it will also be a model (I think I probably stitch a "normal" sized version of it too) there will be no pictures of it, but as I also started my Cross Stitchers' Lottery piece (even I had scheduled it for next month), which is one of Linda's recent designs (all her designs are officially unobtainable at this moment, but I live in hope that she gets into the business soon too as she has good ideas and lovely designs (like these)) called Autumn I can give you a WIP picture. (Shock and awe!)


(The picture is not very good due the poor lighting - blame the winter.)

I saw the design in shades of burgundy with hint of gold on natural(ish) linen at the moment I saw it for the first time and now I am making the colour scheme true - and even I say so this will be beautiful when finished<!--- with 902, 815, Kreinik's #4 002HL and Crescent Colours' hand-dyed cotton called Apple Fritter-->.
I will change the supposed solid colour (when symbol X equals with floss ID Y I will make it equal with floss ID Z) of certain motifs to over-dyed floss to give the solid vs. over-dyed setting some more balance (this step would be unnecessary if I would use only solids).

But, still, Linda has become one of my favourite designers and I truely hope that her designs will be attainable for everyone soon (as I love to enable people and as I really believe in her).

I also dyed the first shade for the Flashes of Gold, but as I don't have any more salt (as seasalt is out of question (its minerals bind the dye differently and the fabric becomes spotty)) I have to wait until tomorrow or so before I add the navy blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment