Sunday 30 September 2007

Leap froggy, leap


This was started this in Friday night (~21:30) when I was bored and tired, but wasn't very eager to get to bed yet and desperately wanted to start something new. My excuse for this is that this is my square for Cayden's quilt - though this seems to be the pillow piece as someone stupid (not me, never...) didn't recheck the instructions and my square is 3x3 inches smaller than required for the quilt. *throws a tantrum*

Pieces of info:

  • Designer: Gillian Souter
  • Design: "Frog in Spring"
  • Source: Classic Storybook Cross-Stitch (ISBN 0-316-85401-8)
  • Fabric:: 32 count white Jobelan
  • Notes:
    1. The light green charted for the grass was of completely wrong tone (it was yellowish when all the other colours in the design have blueish tint) I changed it to some light green from DMC 100 series.
    2. Blue stripes in shorts are my choice as I didn't have the charted pink. (I'd have changed it anyway, I think.)
    3. The grass is four stitches too wide (but if I hadn't told about it you wouldn't have noticed it).
    4. Sky was left out and butterfly added. (I thought it would give more sense for the design.)
    5. The backstitching is modified: in pieces like this I prefer not to follow the chart, but my own gut feeling.
I enjoyed stitching this piece as it is cheery and keeps you interested with tons of fractionals.

Some cats have no joint pains, I think...

 

Neko, that guy who had (im)mobility issues in spring... quite hard to believe now, don't you think? ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment