Thursday 13 September 2007

It's official: I am my mother's daughter *grin*


Actually I should say almost official as I can get the final diagnose after six months of medication, but, ladies, gents and goats... (Maestro, drumroll please....) The diagnose is: asthma.

Based on how the GP (I have cunningly adopted him as my personal physician from now on) reacted when he read the charts it is rather severe case. And he was shocked on the fact that I haven't been prescribed cortisone inhaler before today... which is understandable, he saw the charts so he had to believe me because they proved my respiratory problems (my problem is that I do not look sick even if I am) and even uneducated /me could say based on that form that my lung function is far from normal. (They were shocking enough for him to ask am I sure that I have done the test correctly because there was so much instability in the results.)

I am pleased, even this means that I have to use steroids daily for the rest of my life. (Well, I am already using daily steroids in form of my nasal spray, and I take my antihistamine daily...)
At least now I know that I am not crazy (even it felt like it sometimes...) and my symptoms really are real and not just imaginary.

No comments:

Post a Comment