Monday 24 September 2007

Behold, a shrubbery!


From this:

to this:

Firstly: I practically stitched this only in Sunday due an occult case of hypersomnia. (It seems to me that it has been cold induced. My sinuses don't feel very good at the moment...)

Secondly: it was great to get back together with Loy, even I got only a bit done. It's always closer to the finish, and this is one of those projects where you look at the charted colours in awe and doubt highly the choices of the designer, but, after you get some of the odd colour stitched you get the idea.
For example I had been wondering for ages those areas of 3371 in a shrub - shrubs are supposed to be green, right? - but now when I have actually stitched all the 3371 in the page four I get the idea. It would be even more obvious if I had had time to stitch the leaf under the shrub.
I think that, in the artist's mind, that shrub in the background has wooden stems which explains the "high" and very dark shadow.

And my trusty sidekick, Her Highness the Thread Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment