Tuesday 2 January 2007

Take-A-Stitch

Actually Take-A-Stitch Tuesday, but as I managed to completely forget the whole thing (I'm a worrywart and get easily distracted by little things like tomorrow, you know) mine will be Take-A-Stitch $WEEKDAY.

Anyway, our first stitch is herringbone (Can you cut tree down with it? *grin*).
I have few ideas maturing in my head, but first I need to decide... 32 count Clay Lugana (43cm x 70cm/ ~16.9'' x ~31.3'') or 28 count 'tea-dyed' linen (50 cm x 60cm/ ~19.7'' x ~23.6'')? (As I'm, at this moment, planning to make it as a sampler of a kind and, therefore, I'd love to use only one fabric. Though, taking that this is a long project I may have to change my plan later.)
I'll very likely work this mostly with GASTs (Loose Threads ), as I prefer to use my current stash as much as I can, so colour-wise either one would go.

Though that Lugana would give me a possibility to work on an idea I have... think of a garden. Panorama shoot of-a-kind from a garden of stitches...

Any thoughts on the fabric issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment