Thursday 18 January 2007

I have a dream...

... and... the light is green!

I had a chat with "rehabilitation counsellor" today (I had an appointment) and she said that as long as it is not an official business I can do it. I can do it if I am part-time freelance designer... You know... I can do it! Gosh, I feel so, so, so good!
The thing is that our legislation doesn't allow unemployed person to have any kind of official business, as in their books you are a business owner and therefore you have a job. End of case.

But, this is where "freelancing" comes in: if it's occasional, if it's not official business, if it doesn't prevent you taking a job if one's offered to you... you are allowed to do it. It falls in selling your own products at a market place category, according to her - and of course I agree.
Tax authorities don't give a d*mn as long my sales don't exceed 8?00 €/ a - and if they ever exceed that I should consider making it official as my income would be big enough to make it (with some help from SII (as my income would still be low enough to receive housing allowance))...

And to continue on good news, or positive possibilities... if I get official report from my doctor that I can't practise my profession SII will most likely pay me another degree. In second level (we have ~three levels: mandatory school, second level and third level (university and its kind)) though, but it's a start. It would mean housing allowance and rehabilitation allowance, plus, as far as I know, welfare officials shouldn't have any reason to nag about me applying for my monthly allowance from them...
In other words: my income wouldn't be any better it is now, but it would be enough as it would be secure. I would get the allowance from two to three full years without any questions.

I have my next appointment in April, but she recommended that I'll make an appointment with vocational guidance counsellor to clear few things - and according to the RC VGC's opinion is greatly appreciated when SII makes the decision will one get full government support for one's studies...

What can I say? Oh mi gosh! Things may get better... really.

No comments:

Post a Comment