Friday 5 January 2007

Epicutane: Second day

They say that allergy tests shouldn't cause any additional symptoms... nor allergic reactions anywhere else than the part which is exposed to said allergen(s)...
Emphasise word say. (And really, that is some kind of an oxymoron. If allergic reaction comes it comes no matter what causes it. Give your body cyanide and it'll kill you, even if you do it for science.)

I'm having hives all around my body, I itch, my body temperature is risen, I'm tired, my joints ache, my respiratory system behaves badly (and I can't sleep more than four hours per session)... I know, I asked for this, but I do think that I am still entitled to complain.
I could live with the itching as that was what they said I'll experience. No one mentioned getting friggin' sick... and for some reason I think this may not be most common reaction to this, but I also think that my body's reaction proves something: my body is fighting against those allergens, but doesn't seem to have weapons powerful enough. (In my little, hypochondriac mind all this equals with allergic reaction.)

Fortunately my dermatologist gave me prescription for cortisone... guess who will go to pharmacy in Monday and get some nice little pills?

On a happier note

I got email from Jayne's Attic that my Quaker Gameboard has been shipped! Actually this is second shipment as Royal Pain Mail lost the first one, but nevertheless: new stash!
(...if Royal Mail doesn't lose it, again...)

No comments:

Post a Comment