Monday 31 July 2006

When past and future embrace

I got SMS few days ago from old class mate of mine, and it's possible that my lower grade (from 3rd to 6th (from 9 to 12 years of age) grade) class is having class reunion in non-definitive future. And it brings up interesting question... Am I an asshole when I'm going there (if it's actually arranged) just to prove that ugly ducklings can turn out to be swans?
Even there are only few to whom I want to prove that. But then, I think it's just humane to want to prove, to those who bullied you, that they were so wrong (ok, they kind of were right back then, but it's not an excuse for lack of empathy).
I don't believe in revenge in general, but maybe this once... (And they won't even notice it, it's all for me.)

Maybe I've been praised a bit too much in last years, it's getting me. I've begun to believe being intelligent and beautiful.
Gosh, what have those few men done to me and my self-esteem?! (Ok, mostly men... though my ego kind of likes the thought that one friend of mine has confessed crush on me half-officially (we don't count it because I overheard it and we were 'under influence') - though I've been suspecting it for quite some time. Anything which is good for my ego is good. )

Anyway, most of those people haven't seen me in 12 to 15 years, and as you may believe I've changed quite much since then (I realise that they've changed too): as a person and as a physical being. It'll be extremely interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment