Sunday 2 July 2006

I want my solitude

I've said it before, but now I'm quite sure of it: my ADD symptoms have gotten more visible after living alone for two years. Actually they're getting more into AS direction...

Maybe it's just my inner quirkyalone, but I really miss solitude. I'd have never believed it some time ago, but I do.

And while I was hanging my laundry today I realised that being in Bangkok, this crowded city without silence enhances my homebodiness. Then... I've company at 'home'.
Even I've quite some time on my own it's not enough. At least it feels like it, though I realise this situation may affect to it in certain extent.

This just raises a question of how and what when I really am in situation where I want to share same space with someone, and that someone wants to share it with me, out of love. (Will there ever be such a situation when I grow more and more fond of my solitude?)
Is love enough? How I manage to get my solitude? Can I compromise over it without losing my sanity? And most important question: will it be accepted? (I know it's not love if one doesn't accept it or isn't willing to accept it... Which makes it even more complicated.)

During my lifetime I've heard more than once that I should be more social. But why I should? I'm not good with people, I hurt those I care of, and social situations drain my energy. That's why I chose to become a hermit.
And to make it even more difficult to understand: I'm social, I like to spend time with people. Those few who are worth it, those few who don't drain me completely. Those few who have something to give.
I just don't see the idea behind being social because it's how it's supposed to be.

I feel like exploding. I need my solitude. I need my peaceful, boring life.

No comments:

Post a Comment