Friday 7 July 2006

On acceptance

Before I forget, thank you all for birthday wishes.

And then to topic of the day... this comment made me think and is reason for this entry.

As I see it it's better to cherish all that we had than stuck on everything we'll never have. It'd be disrespectful towards myself, him and all we had.
And we had it good for three months (or 2½, depending on the point of view). That's more happiness than some people will ever have. Personally those months have given me more than you could imagine - it's not just the opportunity to see country I never even thought I'll visit. He has given me more on mental level than most can ever give.

Love never dies, but it can change. Sometimes it has to change because of circumstances, sometimes it changes on itself. Love, or life, is not static, it's always changing and we just have to find the way to live in best possible way.
And acceptance is only way to survive. No matter how much it may hurt, how unfair it may feel you got to keep on living. It'll get easier trough practise: after one divorce and few general heartbreaks you learn to accept, because you know it's the right thing to do. The right thing to do for yourself as you owe it to yourself.

And the official quote..

    "Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with."
    Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment