Monday 24 July 2006

On sleeping

[Insert imitation of a zombie here]
My inner clock is not meant for Finnish summer.

When I was in Bangkok my day was approximately 24 hours, as it's supposed to be, but after my return my clock has gotten twisted - again - and now my day is 26-28 hours.
Reason for it? Sunset in Bangkok was approximately sevenish, in here bit before eleven. Which leads to us interesting result... I need at least four hours of darkness before I fall asleep. Proof? I sleep very well during winter, and my day is shorter...

So, I ended up sleeping 3½ hours last night (or actually this morning). Though the good side in it is that it's quite likely that I'll doze off before 3 am tomorrow, but I don't put my hopes high. I know how skilled I am at staying awake when I shouldn't.

Well, at least I can do something productive if I can't sleep. That is reorganizing.
Got this idea of moving kitchen table to living room and sofa to kitchen. So, kitchen table serves as crafting table and my sofa will serve as cat bed (as it has done before).
Actually this idea of mine is proving to be great even sofa is still on it's way between living room and kitchen. I may get all my stash located neatly and nicely next to my crafting table and that means that I'm able to free some space from living room bookshelf.
Though TV is still problematic, but I think it may end up in bedroom, where I store everything unnecessary... like my bed (or mattress to be exact).

Joys of living alone: you are only one who has one's word to say in issues like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment