Monday 3 July 2006

mondaysabitch; National Pride

National Pride

  1. Do you do anything special to celebrate your national holiday?
    Personally no, usually I don't. Our independence day is in middle of winter (6th of December) and it's not very cheerful celebration.
    Mostly it seems to be concentrated always on same thing: WWII and veterans who are still alive. Quite somber holiday in my opinion.

  2. Would you go to war to fight for your country?
    No. I'm pacifist.

  3. What's your ethnic background?
    Matters?
    And it depends on how you define it. Seemingly Finnish; European, 'white'. According to my surname Middle Eastern or Asian.

  4. Which iconic figure do you think best represents your country?
    Ok, I read ironic... Hmmm, bear, our national animal AFAIK.

  5. If I was visiting your hometown, what place or activity would you recommend to me?
    Geez, that's difficult. I'd recommend Suomenlinna in summer. Problem is that it's in Helsinki and not in city where I live. But it's almost the same anyway... In winter... I don't know. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment