Thursday 1 June 2006

SBQ; Collecting

Today's

Stitching Bloggers Question

is suggested by Carol and is:
    "Do you collect charts by one particular designer, yet have never stitched anything by that designer? If so, which designer and why do you collect the charts but have not yet stitched any of them?"
Collecting being I'd-give-my-first-born-to-get-all-that-designer's-designs or just shopping what you like?

Anyhow, I'm dead-broke most of the time so I couldn't even afford to do so. And no designer is consistent enough to produce only designs I love. There are always those I just pass because they don't have nothing which would spark my interest, no matter how much I may like designer's general style.

But... if we think it a bit, I do 'collect' magazines which have several designs from several designers from whom I have never stitched anything yet (or will ever stitch). So, I can't say yes or no.
At this point it'd be wisest to quote something from one Finnish group of comedians and answer Kanada! (which is, as many of you guess, Canada in Finnish. Doesn't sound funny out of context, I know.)

Otherwise...

My gout (oh, yes, I'm old (almost 27 anyway ) and suffer from it) gone wild today and my left hand was so sore (should I mention that certain someone made part of the pain go away? All the way from *.th. ^^). Silly thing in it was that I don't get attacks from diet I should get them from (in other words: lots of protein), but from 'recommended' diet which contains carbohydrates.
Gout sufferer should avoid 'white' carbohydrates, but in my case it was more or less full-grain which caused this pain (haven't used sugar at all in days (I usually use it only in coffee))... so, they say low-carb diet is bad for you and high-carb is good..?

Anyway, this means that I haven't gridded my AE fabric yet (...I intended to do it tonight) because my hand has been too sore to do anything with it. Now it's fit enough to type, but I wouldn't strain it more than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment