Monday 19 June 2006

Adventures with exotic fruits

Ok, I was a tad tired. It was bit after nine o'clock when I went to bed, and woke up a bit after two... But then, I took couple of Advils (I've been in pain last two days, thanks to my hormones, so I'm getting familiar with that stuff) and I'm quite sure they caused lenght of my naps.

And as I seem to be quite sore, and having moodiness attacks because of previously mentioned hormones, I think it's better to stay inside today and go to explore Bangkok tomorrow.
Which means: I could finally do something productive and stitch.

Anyway...

Allergic little me in Bangkok and how it has been to date.

I can eat fruits I'm supposed to be allergic to. Grapes go without seeds and skin (add to pleasure of eating them fact that Wolfie peeled them for me - no one has ever done such a thing to me), mango is no problem (and local mangos...so juicy. I don't know how I will survive without them *grin*), and then I've got familiar with couple of things I've never tasted before: mangosteen and durian.

  1. Mangosteen
    is worth mentioning because it's sweetness. (And hey, it's cute!) Actually it reminds me of Finnish strawberries. Sweet, but having some bitterness to keep the balance.

  2. Durian then...
    is very controversial fruit. Some people dislike it's sweet, but in some sense revolting smell and miss the sweetness of the pulp.
    And I love it. Which surprised Wolfie (positively), I don't know why though (ok, I do know that he loves that fruit).
Which also surprises me is that we've been eating out few times and I've had no problems what-so-ever. (You guys should have seen Wolfie yesterday when he explained in Japanese restaurant that in case there's sesame seeds in my serving they should be left out. As the fact is that even you can survive with English in Bangkok it's not very widely spoken, at least not fluently. Anyway, it was quite cute episode.)
And my stomach seems to tolerate tender red meat.

In other news it seems to me that we're having another thunderstorm today. My head feels funny and it's cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment