Friday 9 June 2006

Links, topic for the day and music

Hih, useful link for me (found from english): Dictionary of English slang and colloquialisms of the U.K..
Useful? Yes, I just can't understand slang even my English is somewhat tolerable. But then, I try to avoid using slang anyway.
Ok, I admit using slang when talking in Finnish (well, and in IRC, but it's almost talking *ahem*), but otherwise I more or less dislike it. (Though there are exceptions. If person's language is mostly 'pure' and one's able to produce beautiful language I don't mind some slang.)
Hypocrite opinion from non-native English speaker? Maybe, but then, I'm consistent. I also dislike slang in written form of communication in Finnish. (And then... I have bad habit of using dialects when writing (in forums) in Finnish...)

Language/grammar nazi in person here. Nice to meet you all.

Our topic for the day is...

Why it seems to me that about half of the blogging society (at least this seems to be trend in stitching bloggers) has huge amounts of stress at the moment? Or do I notice it easier just because stress is very much there in my life at this moment? (Having issues with my own economic crisis and Wolfie is dead tired/stressed out because of the project he's working in (not to mention that I might be there already without these problems *sigh*) - or more like because of his boss... It breaks your heart, really, to see his that exhausted and not being able to to anything, anything else than give my words to him. To tell how dear he is to me. To listen. (Yes, I know these are the basics, and I couldn't do more from afar etc., but I'd really like to be able to do more. To be there.))

And if I'm not seeing things why now? So many people at the same time? As it seems to be thing on this side of the equator, and we're supposed to have a summer here. Summer should be happy time, time of leisure, shouldn't it?

And then for something completely different...

Police is your friend (It's *.pdf file so be forewarned - and free ad: FoxIt Pro, for senile old computers like mine is (it's really good software, btw)).

Music

I've blogged about music quite much lately (I do know why it's so - very easy to deduce if you know thing or two). Only little notions, but anyway... It's interesting how certain songs represent certain people or certain times.
Mandalay's Beautiful was echoing in my head last night, because it was last song I listened before going to bed, and because (you all know where this is leading to) it reminds me of certain someone. *coughs*

    "Do you know you're beautiful/ You are, yes you are."
Those lyrics are very simple (try to google them), but it's very beautiful song for reason or another. And it reminds me of Wolfie, for a reason.

Btw

Money, money, money... Part one in my fight with the welfare and SII is over, I've money on my account again. Now I can almost breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment