Thursday 22 June 2006

Withdrawals from blogs, other news and SBQ

I haven't been able to read any blogs in days, because of the connection here. Which is supposed to be 2048/512kB, but is usually slower than my 256kB/s - if it's working at all. (Which is about the eight wonder of the world. *grin*)
So, don't wonder if I'm not lurking around. I just can't.

The problem lies either in ISPs end or in the router... (But hey, do I love WLAN or do I love it - let me think... *grin*)

In other news

  1. I've been stitching. And actually accomplished something, though I begin to doubt will I even reach my goal of ½ of Alter Echo...
    Pictures will follow when I remember to ask from Wolfie that USB cable for the camera (or cable for the scanner).
    I'd say I'm quite happy with the colours I chose for it (for the sampler that is *grin*). It'd have been bit boring with only the given two colours, 902 brings some depth to it.

  2. I've lost 2 cms from my waist - in six days. And I've been eating like a horse. (One of the reasons being that he's taking care of my eating. I just wont get hungry. I can't. I've no time. (Which is wonder in itself as he's not around most of the day anyway.))
    Wolfie said that it's Thailand which causes that (he has lost quite some weight since he came here, not so many months ago, and in his own opinion he eats like a horse (though he exercises regularly)). Something in the food, or in the climate or maybe it's just caused by little green men.

  3. I'm still alive after eating cherries, strawberry yoghurt, odd-little-fruit-he's-unable-to-translate-in-English (I think it's custard apple (tastes bit like canned grapes))... and too much durians and mangos. (And those wonderful fried seaweed chips with chili... mouthwatering thought.)
    Not to mention eating in one little eatery in nearby soi, which might be something to dread to most tourists. *evil grin* But where locals eat... I eat.

  4. I'm drinking too much coffee again. But he has good coffee around... (Though I think we need to head to Starbucks soon. I've drank almost all the coffee (caffeinated one).)

  5. When I'm in the move alone no one seems to think that I speak Thai. When we're out together most people seem to assume that we both speak Thai, or at least Wolfie does.
    Silly thing in it is that neither of us really looks local (FYI: North European and South American) - in sense of looking Asian.

And then... for something completely different.

This week's

Stitching Bloggers Question

was suggested by Vash and is:
    "Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you find it helpful?"
I haven't but when I was doing my first (and currently only one) hardanger piece I realized that it'd be good to have. And I'm quite sure that if I get into high counts (high being 40< HPI) I might need one, just to prevent my eyes from tiring. (Glasses help to certain extent, but aren't magnifiers anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment