Sunday 11 June 2006

Merna's quilt, SWC and 24 hours

^^

My first two squares for SOLAK have been used to quilt they were meant to.
Finished quilt

    Copyright: stitchysyl
(Those squares I made are in lowest row, in corners.)
As you may deduce theme was Japan...

World Cup and 24 Hour Challenge

Poor AE is still awaiting for it's first stitches as I decided to participate 24 hour challenge and stitch one of my Recipe Exchange item(s) - or actually 1/4 of designs needed. No public pictures, but as none of RE participants, in addition to me, is LJ user I can give picture in friends only entry (Hmph, how about only LJ friends entry?).

But, AE fabric is gridded, washed (there was something similar to chocolate (which is odd as I haven't been eating chocolate lately (ok, before today)) in the fabric so I decided to give it a wash), zig-zagged and ironed. Though it'll get wrinkly again in one of these days as I decided not to use my frame for it. Why? Because my frame is too long to fit in my rucksack...
(Yes, I made one man happy today (actually I told it right after I found it out yesterday, but being as clear as I am... *giggles*). I'm free to travel now as my things are (mostly) cleared up. Now we just have to see when...)

And something, well, funny, in it's own way, happened yesterday.
We (snowprincipessa and bits_2_whole) came back from our aunt's 50th birthday by train and... Conductor glanced few times to my direction during that trip while passing by... because I was gridding AE fabric. Maybe you don't expect someone like me to like embroidery?

I could also give little rant about my father and his opinions, but I try not to think about that, as it just gives me another day with migraine... He just knows how to hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment