Tuesday 30 May 2006

666; Neighbourly love; whining

How suitable entry for little whining...

Why don't parents raise their kids? Back in stone age when I was kid (in eighties, that is) we were taught to behave in front of people. To respect others even they were different than we are. Or at least keep our mouths shut if it wasn't so.
Though, I think I shouldn't blame those kids, I should blame their parents who believe in hands-off parenting. Freedom just doesn't bring happiness. And children don't born fully programmed, they're tabula rasas when they born. Human beings need social programming, and I don't even dare to think how those kids will be when they grow up... if they're verbally abusive against others in mature age of ~5-7.

Yes, I know, it's easy for me to say as I don't have any of my own. But I have had time to think how I want to raise my future children. And my way is to love them and give them borders, not abandon them.

Ok, to sound completely paranoid, I've knew it long time that there are gossips about me in this neighbourhood, I know that some of my neighbours can't tolerate me as I'm so... me. (I could use word different, but I'm not. I'm just me. Though comparing...) I don't drink with them, I'm not social (yes, I admit I'm not. Should I change against my own will? Exactly), and apparently some of them are bit bitter that it was Dan who moved out two years ago, and not me. They liked him, see. (He knows how to smile, and be nice, to people he don't care that much or who he may even despise. It's a talent I admire in certain sense, I have to admit.)
Introverted little me is not suitable for a drinking buddy or good conspirator.

And maybe I'm dangerous, only Heaven knows why, as I've survived alone, without man by my side.
Only man they've seen with me, after Dan moved away, has been Abhi and it's ancient history. (Not to mention how they behaved when I was with him. They made it very clear that we're purely Finnish here (for clarity, A. is NRI). I've to admit their skill though, they never said it directly, but let us notice it. (One reason why we concentrated to meet at his place when we were together))
Actually one possibility is that hey think that I'm just too [something negative] to be good enough to any man in his right mind (So, this means that Wolfie is man in his left mind? If so, he has great left-mind.)... Which suits me very well, thank you very much.

Though I don't understand why I'm so intimidating. I'm quiet, well-behaving person. I don't harass anyone, I mind my own business and let people mind their own businesses...

I don't fit in here - but then, home is where the heart is and my heart is in Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment