Saturday 6 May 2006

Bye bye biscornu

And there it went. My first born left home and is on it's way to it's new home far away from mommy.

In other news I did some cleaning up in Various Links yesterday, now all blogs I follow (those ones which allow 'feeding' that is) are under one link - I found finally good use for my Bloglines account.

And 'vaccination flu' is almost gone, which is great thing (though it seems to me that Wolfie got it - which is not great thing at all... *sighs*). I hate to feel/ be sick.

Recipe Exchange@The Robin's Nest

Another new forum! Another exchange!
Some time ago I silently promised myself to stay away from exchanges, but this one was way too good to miss.

And unfortunate, though very understandable, fact is that SBEBB (and FG) will be closed so my exchange activity will be reduced anyway.
At least for the time being, as I don't actually have willingness to have several commitments with deadlines at this phase of my life.

Anyway, what's the idea behind RE? This is direct quote from exchange directions:

    "Participants should stitch something that belongs in the kitchen - a tea towel, heat pad, tea cozy, recipe book cover, napkin rings... etc.---
    Along with your stitched piece, please send a recipe that either represents your country, or your heritage (since they may sometimes differ). Don't worry about the exoticness of the recipe - that is part of the fun.
    ---"
I've about gazillion faint ideas, but I've to wait like nice person to get my partner's info. But I think that I'll try something new in finishing sense, as there's thing or two I've wanted to try, and now I've great opportunity to do so.
Actually I'm thinking of the possibilities which lay in those linen stitch bands I purchased...

Floss problem; help!

So, chanda_m's and my Alter Echo SAL will begin in 9th of June.
I know what fabric I'm going to use. I got this lovely piece of natural 36 count Edinburgh linen from chanda_m when we did this little trade last year.

Now, what floss to use? Really?
I'd love to use some overdyed and basic DMC, and I've been thinking of some burgundy, but I haven't found anything I'd like.
Actually I think I found that DMC. Right in front of me is one skein of 309 and it's really delicious shade of red... But then, which overdyed would go with it? Anyone?!

Ah well, at least I've just decided that DMC (and if I don't find that overdyed I'll go with two shades of DMC).

No comments:

Post a Comment