Thursday 27 October 2005

SBQ.

This week's

Stitching Bloggers Question

is suggested by your's truly, once again.

    "Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn't respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it's never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you've been lucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it'd happen to you?
This question was inspired by my 'dear' SIL and one little fairy I stitched as a christening gift to their youngest child. After suggesting this one I got answer to what has happened to that piece, so...

Anyway, I've been in that kind of situation and it taught me two things:

  • I will never give anything hand-made to anyone who's part of my brother's family (even others would be able to appreciate my work, my SIL is not...)
  • I think thrice before making anything myself to anyone. (My mom and sis are exceptions. For example I know that my sis appreciates that HK apron I'll give her.)
And if something like this happens in future I'll just mutter, say few nasty words about that in my blog and add person(s) in question to my not-worth-it list. Of course it'll be bitter moment, and I dislike it's affect to my beliefs towards mankind, but... I guess that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment