Saturday 1 October 2005

Great excuses.

I don't know where she got this, but "Thanks" to Selina. Good excuses for stash collectors (though I edited this a bit) - some go with other addictions too:

• It’s a patriotic duty to support the cotton farmers, textile mills, and needlework shops.

• "Oh, it's not for me! I'm buying it for a friend!"

• It's on sale.

• It's non-fattening.

• Like dust, it's good for protecting previously empty spaces in the house.

• Because it's there.

• It's much cheaper to cover the floor with charts and kits than new carpeting.

• The devil made you do it.

• It's the only remotely artistic thing I have ever done.

• I can't live without it.

• I have new shelves for stash storage.

• It will go with some I bought last year.

• It's so pretty, and I'll use it some day.

• I want my daughter to have a proper inheritance.

• Without threads and fabric, I would have nothing to do with my needles and my hoops/frames and my scissors.

• It does not promote tooth decay.

• It calms the nerves, gratifies the soul and makes one feel good.

• If I don't buy it now, I may never see it again.

• A large stash is the sign of a creative mind.

• I owe myself a reward for that half-pound I lost last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment