Tuesday 11 October 2005

25 questions.

I found this from same blog I read earlier today. So, if you dislike lists it's better to stop reading now.

    25 Most Asked Stitching Questions:

      1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?

      It was in the beginning of 2001 so I was still 21.

      2. Who taught you to cross stitch?

      Me. And 'Cross Stitcher' magazine.

      3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?

      Cross Stitcher's issue 104 (January 2001) had 'Kipper' pattern in it, I saw CS in newsstand and I just had to buy it. That pattern is UFO nowadays.

      4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?

      Hmm... I don't know do we count it but I stitched "Daisy Fairy" as a christening gift for my brother's youngest child back in 2002, and as I was complete newbie in wonderful world of little stitches all those colour changes and fractionals were quite challenging. It was also first project which I did on evenweave. (In fact it was first big project I finished.)

      5. Do you have friends that stitch?

      If we count my online friends I've (though my definition for a "friend" is bit different than it usually seems to be, so in theory I'm not completely honest with that...), otherwise not.
      I'm not very social person so it explains it. And it's hard to find similar minded stitchers from here as I seem to be bit... How would I say it...? Odd with my opinions. They just don't seem to fit with my 'feminine' hobbies.

      6. What is your favorite stitched piece?

      I've done two Flower Fairies during my stitching career and those are my favourites. Though I don't know where they are, or are they anymore, but I enjoyed stitching them and I was very pleased with those.

      7. What is your favorite fabric?

      Evenweave, preferably linen. Either 28 or 32 count, they both have their good sides. But if I have to choose count I say 32 count as stitches are so small and neat on it.

      8. What is your favorite fiber?

      I've to confess that I've been only stitching with basic DMCs and some metallics so my view is bit limited... But my absolute favourite is DMC metallic white. It is just so...

      9. What is your favorite needle?

      I don't have any favourite brands, but I love golden plated needles as they run so smoothly trough fabric's holes.

      10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?

      It really depends on the quality of a chart. Usually coloured charts with symbols are clearer, but I've seen some excellent b&w charts. So it really depends on their quality.

      11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?

      5. Only one of them is big project, so it's relatively easy to make that list shorter.

      12. How many UFOs do you have at this time?

      Kipper, one seagull design and huge world map... Yes, I'm a bad person.

      13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?

      Not enough.

      I've about one shelf meter of magazines (they're in "magazine boxes" like books in a shelf), few pattern books and some leaflets. I really don't bother to count them...

      14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?

      They all fit in to a shoebox so not that much.

      • Black 14 count aida.
      • Antique lavender linen, 32 count.
      • Some dark blue 14 count aida.
      • One sheet of 14 count plastic canvas.
      • Miscellaneous pieces of aida in different counts.

      15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?

      For some reason in front of my computer...

      16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?

      When ever I feel like it and I've time.

      17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?

      ~30 I think. I haven't been very active stitcher before now.

      18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?

      Yes I do. I like to give gifts, and there's only one design I've stitched for myself. Though I will stitch something for me when I begin my next bigger project. I'm quite sure of it. (I just want to finish that chess board. Maybe I should try rotation method...)

      19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?

      Almost complete set of DMC's stranded cottons and some metallics. I'm waiting for my first over dyed ones from my LNS, and I'm sure that my fiber stash will grow in future.

      20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?

      In theory one pair of embroidery scissors, but I don't know where I've put them so I've to use regular ones, and one pair of fabric scissors.

      21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames…etc)?

      Light when I need it, scroll frame for bigger projects and my "snap-on-hoop" for smaller projects. Though I can make clean stitching even if I keep my project in my bare hands.

      22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?

      I think there's only one. That one I stitched for myself.

      23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?

      If living room counts then I've, but otherwise no. You can't get everything if you live in 53 square meters apartment.

      24. Why do you stitch?

      Because it's fun?

      It's also great stress reliever, and it takes away your sorrows (or gives piles of stitching related ones...). And I love to create something beautiful.

      In fact I've to say that I wonder how non-stitchers survive in long-distance relationships as they don't have this great way to relieve stress.

      25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?

      Hmmm.... don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment