Thursday 6 October 2005

SBQ

I was waiting for this:

Stitching Blogger's Question.

    "When you have almost finished a pattern and start thinking about the next one to stitch, how do you select it? (a list, most recent purchase, etc.)"

I don't choose them, they choose me. I've 2-do list in my head and I'm continuously adding new designs to it. For example there was this great leopard design in latest Cross Stitch Collection (issue 123) by Jayne Netley Mayhew...

Thanks to my mom, I'm subscriber of two British cross stitching mags and I buy single issues of others almost every month, so if I ever want to stitch all patterns I've currently, after 3 years of active mag storing, I've to live 'til my 120th birthday - at least. Not to mention all freebies and pattern books and and and... See, I buy patterns because they look nice or because someone I know could like them. I never think do I ever actually have time to do them.
How was it... "One who dies with biggest stash, wins."

Anyway, after I finish most of my current WIPs I think I take two designs from my 2-do pile and work on them. Other is 'Devil Bear' from Sarah Bengry, and other is 'Taj Mahal', by Carol Phillipson, worked on mostly with specialty stitches. Though I have to buy burgundy linen for it (in actual design it's navy aida but I see it on burgundy linen, period) so it may delay that project. I know where I can get exactly what I need but I've to pay my debts to my mother before I allow myself to use her credit card (Yes, I have her credit card info. Trusting little one, isn't she?) because I've to order it from abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment