Saturday 8 October 2005

G'day.

As we all see, I kind of flooded my blog with test results yesterday and today. So, now it's time for some 'decen't blogging again.

Metallics.

I've found new love: DMC's white metallic floss.

I bought one skein of it from my LNS and last night I stitched few snowflakes with it to SEBE 'Winter' bookmark. It looks great.

Little tip: When you've divided your lenght of floss to six parts, take one divided strand of that floss, divide it (as it's made of two filaments) again. First of all it's easier to stitch as it's more flexible, and it looks great. IMO it may look even better than if you were stitching with one complete strand.
In fact I think it'd be good bleding filament replacement stitched with regular mouline. I have to try that some day.

SAL.

Well, in a way it has been suggested that I'd organize one SAL (Stitch-a-long) at EMS Cross Stitch Board. I suggested one design (serie in fact) in one thread which has to do with SALs and it seems that there might be people who're interested of doing this particular pattern.

Design is a freebie and still available, and I checked yesterday that it isn't even very big. One part of design in 45x60 stitches so 2700 stitches per part (minus corners which are unstitched in pattern (though I think I'll stitch them too)), and on 14 count finished design is about 8,2x10,9 cms (~3.2x4.3 inches).

There isn't even that many colours needed, so it's almost perfect. Even beginners could participate.

Looks good? I think so. Anyway, I've to think this a bit (as I'm not sure when I've time, after DBF moves I don't have free time that much as there's piles of bureucracy related stuff to take care of.) and if I think I could organize it I think I should contact to that boards staff and ask what is their opinion of organizing and what would be 'wisest' way to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment