Thursday 10 November 2005

I'm so proud of myself, part 1.

I got this kit from Rósa, who was my sender in Fall Secret Pal Exchange (@ EMS BB). It's not finished yet, but this is what I have been doing last two days (Yes, I've abandoned DB again):

My first ever hardanger piece, my first ever lazy daisies (Coming soon to a blog near you! )... There's minor mistake, which is partly chart's fault, as outer cross stitch rows should have been done with Kreinik's #4 braid #002 (metallic gold), but as those stitches are different only in smaller chart I missed it because I use larger (and clearer) chart which has only one kind of cross stitches. Oh, well. It looks good anyway - and will look even better after I've finished it.

I've really been enjoying doing this one and I've already downloaded 'few' hardanger freebies from The Victoria Sampler's website. (I need... more... got... to.... resist.... )

Rósa, if I haven't said it yet (....just few tens of times...): you're an evil temptress.

I also noticed that I do need a magnifying glass sooner or later if I'm seriously going to get into hardanger. Or maybe it's just my problem with white fabrics, as it seems to me that I can't see threads in white fabrics well enough. I usually don't have any problems with coloured fabrics.

Screaming rotation.

It seems to me that I've a rotation, just very screaming based.

Odd thing as I haven't begun a rotation intentionally. I've only been considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment