Wednesday 16 November 2005

300!

This week's

Stitching Bloggers Question

is suggested by Kimberly and Lili and it has (questionable) honour to be entry #300.

    "How do you feel about staying totally true to a pattern? Do you feel that you have to rip out stitches to fix a mistake or do you feel it's acceptable to incorporate a mistake into the design?"
Of course it depends on mistake. If it's minor one and no one will notice it I'll leave it be. If it's noticeable I'll frog. For example while stitching needle case for an exchange I had to frog same area of that flower three times because it'd been visible mistake as of that design was completely symmetric.

I'm perfectionist, but I live and stitch according to this:

    "Only G-d makes it perfect."
so if there's minor mistake no one will notice, I'll just let it be. There's one mistake in every hand-made oriental carpet because of that saying, so why couldn't I make little mistakes intentionally?

Other stitching issues.

I stitched DB today, but there's nothing to see yet as I've been stitching her dungarees. And then there came new request from SOLAK with theme I have suitable patterns for, so I have been stitching my first square.
In fact I might do couple others too, as I really do have suitable patterns - and I've been wanting to stitch them. There's nothing better than a good excuse...

Official useless (but c00l) link.

The Zoomquilt

No comments:

Post a Comment