Sunday 7 October 2007

What about those pleasant side effects?


As a person who usually suffers through most of the side effects listed on the info sheets (and those ones not listed) whenever my body is introduced to a new chemical component my body has surprised me. After getting only half of those nasty side effects I am "suffering" from pleasant side effects like:
  1. Decreased appetite.
  2. Less problems with sleeping.
  3. Less concentration problems.
  4. Better mental balance (I can even tolerate Her Highnesses yapping and meowing - though I also think that she has calmed down after I started my medication, ergo she has been worrying over me).
...with a medication which should cause
  1. Increased appetite.
  2. Insomnia.
  3. Mania.
  4. Depression.
You could think that sleeping problems and mental balance would be explained with getting better, but that is not it. I compare the effects to pre-May me, and those of you who have been around longer have probably noticed that I have always had sleeping problems and that I am not maybe the most balanced insane person around.
Concentration issues have always been there, and as some of you may remember, I actually use cross stitching as a concentration therapy...

And, what really has surprised me is that my hormonal cycle seems to be what it has been (only) for last two years: stable.
To most of the females that wouldn't be anything odd, but for a woman with PCOs it is a small victory. Though, I might have scratched the truth when I said in Finnish PCOs peer support group that it seems to me that balanced PCOs makes your body so balanced that nothing affects to your cycle (one of us was diagnosed with cancer and she was surprised that she has her menses even she's on chemo).

Admittedly my hirsutism has got worse (not that it had been bad of late - I'm very lucky case amongst the PCOs women), but I am in hopes that it will get back to its normal state when I lower my cortisone dosage to maintenance dose (which is in ~Thursday as I decided to take the bigger dose for that 25 days one easyhaler lasts with the high dose and then see am I well enough to survive with the 0,8mg/d)).
Anyway, excess body hair in areas you usually hide under clothing is not the biggest problem in this world - and it can be shaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment