Wednesday 17 October 2007

Casual business


That's The Dresscode at the $COMPANY, which has also meant that I have only one pair of suitable trousers (as jeans don't apply) which equals laundering all the time... but today I decided to let the Heck break loose and do something I hate: shop for clothes.

First store, a chain where I usually can find suitable clothes was disappointment, to put it mildly, as they seem to think that women with bigger hip size than 44 do not need clothes (ref: clothing sizes@Wikipedia). I was getting panicky as clock was ticking and I needed to be on my Hebrew class soon, but I also needed new trousers...

Then I remembered that one chain used to have a collection for curvaceous women, and there I went... five minutes later I had found black, straight-legged pants and black pullower with white fake collar and cuffs (you know those shirts which look like you had collared shirt underneath even you don't?) - which weren't too expensive (though for me 60€ is a lot) and look friggin' good on me.

I'm dead tired, having a migraine and I know that I still need to adjust the leg height of the trousers when they are washed and dry - which means that I won't get to bed before midnight - but I am rather pleased. I could almost get to enjoy shopping for clothes... I used to when I was studying, and interestingly enough I used the $CHAIN even then... they had the best underwear I have ever used (I think that I still have one pair of knickers from those times - I graduated almost ten years ago).

Now I only need to find some shoe store which sells good looking, affordable shoes in my size and I am happy (I want boots with heels! ).

No comments:

Post a Comment