Wednesday 30 May 2007

This day seems to be filled with entries, eh?

As Her Highness has got a bad habit to sleep on my laptop (it's warm and feels nice against her tummy, I presume) I had to reorganize my life a bit: Periphaeria is in my bedroom and my personal stash is more or less in the living room.

I have been playing around with the thought of buying a convertible sofa to my bedroom for a while and now, when my working space moved here, I really see the need. I could arrange the furniture in completely another manner if there were no need to note that I need to have room for a 120 cm x 200 cm matress (I despise sleeping in smaller matresses even when I sleep alone - admittedly it has felt a bit cramped since I slept a month in Wolfie's huge bed *grin*).
Even more so as my bedroom is small and its "layout" not very well designed (two whole walls, on opposite sides. The other two have either window or closets on them).

After some window shopping at Ikea's site I have three (el cheapo) candidates:

  1. Solsta (Oh, I love the colour! That would go well with my bedroom curtains... (pair 1. black with colourful leaves, pair 2. burgundy) )
  2. Grankulla Massum (This is nice to sit on, I know (or maybe it was N. who was nice to sit on on this..).)
  3. - ' ' - Munkarp (a bit expensive though, and I am not sure do I really need matress that thick - and I could always buy that thicker matress later if I buy Massum now...)
My luck is that my back loves hard matresses (that is why I need to replace my old one, its springs have got old and don't support me very well) and that it's not very picky in general on what it sleeps on (as long as it is not all soft and thick enough to provide some padding between hard place and my pelvis).

In addition to this plan I have been thinking of buying two curtain rails/ rods, removing the door from between vestibule and hall (Firstly, I don't see the point of having both vestibule and hall in two room apartment, I'd rather had tad bigger bedroom or living room), sew a curtain to cover the sight from door's window inside the apartment (directly to my living room!) and buy one of those beaded curtains on the other side so I can choose between two visibility options (as I rather enjoy the fact that my apartment has very few doors and lots of natural light I prefer not to close the doorway completely).
And then, finally, after only *grin* seven years (crikey, I have lived here 25% of my whole life!), get a mirror in the vestibule (there's only one whole wall in the hall and I have my router base on that wall) and small coat rack.

Hmm... We were talking about a trip to Ikea #1 with my mother some time ago (because she lives close to it (ok, I live close to Ikea #2, but it's not very accessible for a person who relies on public transport)... I think I have an excuse here...

No comments:

Post a Comment