Thursday 10 May 2007

It makes you wonder...

... my mother got asthma when she was about 31 (I have always said that she got asthma because of me, as she got sick after I was born). I am soon 28 and I am having shortness of breath when I walk.
I know I am in good physical condition and until recently I had no troubles to climb up the stairs with groceries or walk to the store and back. Some time ago I was still able to walk 2 kilometres in 20 minutes, when walking leisurely (I like to give myself some time to look at my surroundings and think), today... 4 kilometers and couple of errands (errands themselves took about 20 minutes) took almost two hours - and I was wasted when I got back home... My lungs felt, and still do, like they were imploding.

So, someone calls GP and makes an appointment - and, hopefully, this someone gets into tests.
Anyway, I need to get this-and-that for my allergy, bigger prescription for levocetirizine (it was meant for a year, it lasted less than six months), and, if GP is willing, something to help with my lungs. (You kind of need oxygen, m'kay?)

Computer problems

Either XP is crashing (my user profile at least) or it really is all about the fact that C drive is running short of space... HP has been acting up (losing and finding drivers, freezing up, losing my Quick launch icons) since yesterday, and I have spent my day taking backups and making list of softwares I need to install if I really go to the way of reinstalling from the scratch.
In theory, I could just reinstall system's partition (C:), but if it really is a space problem it wouldn't help in the end. (Oh well, maybe I could survive with few less music files on my laptop and give some more gigabytes to the system.)

When it rains, it pours, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment