Tuesday 1 May 2007

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn! (aka. May launch)

Now, little update on some things I have stitched since March 1st.

Ia! Ia! (What's all this then?)

As promised, something geeky (notice the seaweed):

Little something for your inner geek, a geeky stitching friend or the geek of your life - or for you to remind you of the geek of your life.
Spread that sweet tentacle love or just keep it all to yourself, this is the thing to have.

I love mine.

And then for... Something Blue...

Something old, something new,
Something borrowed, something blue,
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.

Yes, it is a ring biscornu - what else could I come around with?!

One day I found myself wanting to publish this, noticing that it is 'too' big for a regular biscornu and its theme may also be a bit off... it reminded me of weddings, and what goes with a wedding? A ring pillow! And as ring pillow is an old idea I made a question: how about a ring biscornu then?
I liked the idea, even I am not huge wedding fan myself (if I am about to remarry I prefer two witnesses style) and this was the result. (Those rings are my former engagement and wedding ring.)

Now... where's my next victim other-half-to-be?

Protection

XO motifs are known in anglosaxic world as hugs and kisses, but they do exist elsewhere with different meanings. In Nordic countries they have been used in knitted items, such as fishermen's sweaters, to protect person who wears them.

This little one is stitched over one and moved to Malta to live with Natasha, who was my receiver in Challenge #1.

Thistle Square Needleroll

This little piggy moved to Netherlands to live with my Mystery Exchange partner Judith, who, based on her wishlist, has a blossoming needleroll addiction. I decided to feed it a bit.

This is one of the first needlerolls I have ever designed, but I like its simplicity - and the fact that its ornamentations are in endless loop ie. turn it around and those bands repeat ad nauseam.
In my opinion that is how they are supposed to go and inconsistency in needlerolls' ornamentation's continuity has always bothered me (if they are band based).

So, this is what I have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment