Saturday 26 May 2007

Booking Through Thursday

After a long, long break it's time for BTT...

Parlez vous?

    Do you have any foreign language books and if so can you (still) read them?
Noticing that English is a foreign language to me I can say that I have books in several foreign languages: English, Russian, Hungarian, Hebrew, Swedish are the ones which come to mind, there may be others too.
I am fluent enough in English, I can still read some Russian (but probably not enough to get the idea of any book). At this point I can read Hebrew, but won't understand most of the words (ie. I know the writing marks and know how they are read), so to read a book in Hebrew... not a chance. When it comes to Swedish I would probably understand most of it, but I have to admit that I dislike Swedish as a language. And Hungarian... I don't know it well enough (I still remember how to order two beers though *grin*).

Quotes

    "Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest."
    -- Isaac Asimov

    "Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
    -- Charles Bukowski

No comments:

Post a Comment