Wednesday 30 May 2007

SBQ: Needles


Today's

Stitching Bloggers' Question

was suggested Kathryn and is:
How many needles do you use during a project? Have you ever loaded up a needle for every color? Do you use a new needle for every project or recycle your favorite needle?
I use only one needle per project unless I lose it or it becomes too tarnished to flow smoothly through the fabric (and at that point the needle usually becomes an allergy trigger (even I am not officially allergic to it) as when the coating is off the nickel comes out to play).
As I see it, parking sounds like a good idea in theory, but at this moment I don't see myself doing it as I am way too short-tempered for that. I would just lose my nerves and become to hate the whole project. But I am not saying I couldn't try it, in far distant future.
I don't have favourite needle, and as I see needles just as tools I don't attach any sentimental value to them. When the needle becomes tarnished (and that happens with every brand (excluding platinum needles), even with Piecemakers) I throw it away and take new one. Though, when it comes to platinum needles I usually just lose them somewhere because I have never met a platinum needle which have become tarnished, even in my acidy hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment