Monday 23 July 2007

Preliminary diagnose


... asthma bronchiale.
I have to call the local hospital tomorrow and make an appointment for thorax x-ray and such, they should also give me the spirometer for following up the effect of the medication (this is odd part, the GP gave me attack medication, not cortisone inhaler used for actually treat the inflammation in one's lungs).

I have to give full points for efficiency though, the whole appointment went like this:

    GP: Good day, and what's the problem with you?
    Me: I suspect I have asthma. I'm allergic, atopic and I have family history of asthma...
    GP: Ok, stand up, turn around, lift your shirt up and breathe... Now, breathe in and breathe out very fast. And again... Yup, sounds like it.
    Here's the prescription, go to see the nurses, they will guide you forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment