Wednesday 4 July 2007

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday...


... to me, happy birthday dear me-e, happy birthday to me!

And to the main thing, birthday goodies!

These lovelies are from Stitch & Stash's Birthday Thread Exchange and even though only one skein of special floss is required some participants seem to enjoy pampering other participants... not that I would mind.
These are the ones which have come to date and there's threads from the Ozark Sampler, The Dye is Cast, Kate's Kloths, Carrie's Creations, Needlepaints, Dragon Floss... and I'm swimming in purple floss! (Check this card, stylish or what?)
I also got a chart with Ozark Sampler threads which would be just the thing for a biscornu (actually I have already decided which Ozark's thread I'd use for it..).

Thank you Sheila, Jayne and Helen! And big thank you to everyone who has wished me a happy birthday!

To make it even better... I know there's more birthday related goodness to come!

Otherwise

I have got year older peacefully (with my current physical state (even sweeping the kitchen floor is too much...) that is the only way). I spent the morning by playing with colour combinations for the B1g S3kr1t D3s1gn, we got the futon assembled (it's already in use...) with my mother (it took four hours from two persons with years of furniture assembling experience and a fully equipped hardware store's selection of woodworking tools) and I fed her with turkey and rice noodles with coconut cream sauce (with bell pepper and ginger)) as a thank you - she's still alive and actually liked the stuff, so it wasn't too bad.

Siamese cats, strange breed

I noticed something yesterday: Her Highness is a tonal meower. Instead of using different meow in different situations (like most cats do) she uses same meow, but changes the tone.
It kind of makes sense, she's from Siam anyway... (Thai is a tonal language.)

No comments:

Post a Comment