Monday 2 July 2007

I had an interesting discussion with my mother over late lunch yesterday. She has had her doubts about me having asthma when I was a kid (because I was so cranky), and, noticing how low my air flow has always been (it has never been measured officially) I'm surprised if I don't get the diagnose.
Lately (non-allergic) shortness of breath has been daily (it happens even if I sit on a bus) and I realised yesterday that I have had last two months all the symptoms of an asthma related mood disorder (i.e. general exhaustion and signs of depression without being depressed).

If I have asthma it may also exlplain my concentration issues, at least partly, because my brains don't get enough oxygen. It could lead me sleeping less and waking up cheerier.
As you see, I am cranky at mornings and only thing to cure it is a healthy dose of *caffeinated* coffee. Caffeine is a weak bronchodilator and it also reduces respiratory muscle fatigue... hmm... it's also chemically related to theophylline which is used to treat asthma. Hmm^2.
This kind of leads to the conclusion of 1 + 1+ 1 being three.

(And, thanks to summer, doctor's appointment is 23rd of July...)

No comments:

Post a Comment