Monday 16 July 2007

Monday Madness


First time in a long, long time a topic which allows some ranting. *grin*

July 16th

  1. Do you feel that children these days are disciplined enough?
    No, they are not. For some reason parents nowadays don't see the point to teach their kids than anyone older than them (kids) should be respected and treated respectfully.
    I have also listened children screaming in grocery store few times too many to believe that modern parents would teach any discipline (nor manners) for their children.

  2. What are your thoughts about the "time out chair?"
    It equals with The Corner I assume? Great idea. It teaches the kid some patience and causality.

  3. When YOU were a child, what form of discipline did your parents use most often?
    You think I remember things that old? O_o
    When I swore my mouth was washed with soap, but my mother had to stop it because she realised that I used fouwl language just to get my mouth washed. Apparently I fancied the soap...

  4. Did your parents have to constantly remind you of the guidelines they set for you, or did they just have to LOOK at you as a "gentle"reminder?
    "Parent". I lived with both of them until my 13th year, but our mother was the parent, our father mostly just existed. Anyway... Thinking of it now I would say that I was relatively well behaving kid, even though not perfect, so it probably has been mostly The Look.
    Ask from my mother, she knows this better. *grin*

  5. What are your thoughts about screaming kids in public places?
    In generally it just shows the lack of manners. The kids aren't ones to blame, but the parents.
    Sometimes kids scream just because they are tired and in those occasions I would *so* like to go to one of those parents and ask are they masochists when they take tired kid with them somewhere and not take them home where a tired kid belongs to

  6. What do you feel is the BIGGEST mistake parents make when it comes to disciplining children?
    Saying that the kid was bad when doing something. Children are born as tabula rasa, and they need to be socialized to the society and if parents don't do it how the H*ll they think their kids would know how to behave in the society?
And I know I do not have my own children and I am also very aware that it is easier to preach than act, but when/if I have children they will be brought up well-behaved.
I have heard it few times that I will be a good mother because I am so affectionate, to which I usually answer Yeah, and I will be The Mother From Hot Place because I am so strict. The answer I have always got has been That's your another good trait to be a good mother.
What can one say other than Bring in the intelligent, suitably depraved man who's crazy enough to marry me and have a house full of kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment