Wednesday 20 June 2007

Ready, set, drool!


As promised, stashy pictures!

 

First one is my Bunny Baby kit from Casa Cenina. This will be stitched for charity project 'Stitchers for Children'.
The second one is Lady's latest S.E.X. from Violarium: DMCs for two new models and some Atalie's hand-dyed cottons just because - and set of 28 needles because I wanted try that brand and because I need thinner needles for 40 count (I can stitch with 26 on it (One Star's Light sells Permin's needles which are great for 40 count), but 28s might be better).
Even though I thought that Flamme (first two on left) would look different I can't say that I am disappointed - it looks great even my screen lied to me yesterday.

I have noticed lately that hand-dyeds are an interesting phenomenon: even though they use same fibers the results are so different (can be explained with dye brand, water etc.) that one can't afford to have just one favourite brand.
Personally I have at least three favourite hand-dyed silk brands and two or three hand-dyed cotton brands - though, for example Atalie has both in their selection and both of them are in my favourites (Atalie's floss is rather expensive if you just look at the price per skein, but once you get a chance to try them you are hooked!).

Gadgets

Ooh, /me wants USB Doorbell!

Advantages of sleeping on the floor

As my futon is still WIP I sleep on the floor using thin matress cover and think blanket as my matress... and I sleep better than I have done in ages - I even wake up earlier.
Which means that futon may be some kind of a solution for my (over)sleeping problems as my matress-to-be is only 7 cm thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment