Sunday 24 June 2007

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream...


Lately I have had a phase of disturbing, but good, dreams and I am not sure how much I like it in the end.
I am completely contended with the dreams where I move to a new apartment as now the apartment I am moving in is new, spacious, well designed and has good amount of natural daylight (I love those parquet floors it has), though there's still something missing from the kitchen, but not as much there used to - I am quite sure I still don't have a stove in my kitchen.

In dream symbolism kitchen represents our heart, our emotional life. And if it really is a stove I am missing from my kitchen the message is quite clear: I miss warmth, something to nourish my heart. (I think we can conclude from this that I miss being loved by someone wonderful.)

Last night I had a dream of someone I haven't met in ten years, someone I haven't heard of in years - someone who I once loved, someone who confessed his love for me too late (I was married when I heard about it).
He had changed, he had found his balance, but still he was the person I had feelings for (he even looked like himself, though ten years older). And in that dream everything continued from where we left it, ten years ago, even though it was ten times better than it was back then.

This has caused lots of confusion today, as I can't fathom why I saw a dream about him. Maybe he just has been thinking of that odd lady who treated him as a human being when most didn't.

But isn't this one of the reasons why I keep dating-free summer? To clarify myself. I think this is just one part of the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment