Wednesday 6 June 2007

I love the smell of burning money in the afternoon, it smells like...


... new furniture.

First of all, I am wasted. I have extremely good reason to be wasted: imagine yourself walking four kilometres in 25 C° (spiced up with nice sunshine) with 20 kilos of futon frame following you on a tiny carriage (you know those things old ladies drag behind them, something like that)... My biceps hurt. A lot.

Anyway, I stayed in budget and got more stuff than I thought I will get (though my mother will pick one or two things tomorrow from Ikea for me (we just couldn't manage to carry everything we wanted). Go me!

In the end I ended up with Grankulla Massum, Grankulla storage stool (I need something to store my pillows, blanket etc. during the day - and that is nice to sit on too), new coffee mug (they say it's a tea mug, but what do they know? *g*) - I may have mentioned that I am addicted to coffee mugs, Tripp (I love tin storage cans, I am innocent!), magazine racks, storage boxes, couple of new handtowels...
And of course, black paint-of-a-kind for my futon's frame and the stool. My intention is to make crimson covers for both.

Which reminds me that once upon a time there was a beautiful princess our textile designing teacher gave us a project to design bedroom interior (the textiles mostly, but we had to add some interior designing there - even we never had any lessons on that!)... guess what colours I used?
Exactly: black and crimson/ burgundy. The product I actualized from all the interior textiles from my sketch was huge woven velvet bedspread, consisting from three parts: two black ones and crimson one (its "thing" was the weave I designed and used, it made the product).

By the way, I enabled my mother and she will be buying futon sofa for herself too (99€ is a bargain and it is really nice to sit/lay on). Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment