Monday 20 August 2007

SAT: Happy Dancing Epilogue


This is where I started from

and this is what I have now:

Pieces of information:

  • Designer: Ellen Maurer-Stroh
  • Design: Bunny Baby
  • Fabric: 16 count aida (I know, but while signing up they gave evenweave as another option, but as, less surprisingly people prefer aida (for reasons beyond me) it was what we were given.)
  • Why?: This is for Stitchers for Children charity RR.
I didn't achieve as much I wanted or as much I seemed to be able to achieve based on my speed in Friday, but my new allergy medicine makes me really tired - and it doesn't help to take it in the evening as I will be twice as tired during the day...
Maybe I will do better next month, as I will ask for another new antihistamine if my energy levels stay this low.

Nevertheless, a happy dance!

Keeping myself busy

After getting her cell number from the synagogue I called to the Hebrew teacher in Friday... and now I have more things to do every week, in other words I will spend an hour every Tuesday in good company of alefbets.
What makes it interesting is that I haven't been in the lessons in two years and her opinion was that I can easily continue from where I stopped.
Admittedly one of the reasons why I have always liked her is that she doesn't seem to know the phrase I/ you can't do it.

This means that my stitching time will be limited in Tuesdays (as the day will go as follows: course -> back home -> shower -> eat -> head to the synagogue (well, in sense of correct terms the lessons are ran in the Jewish School of Helsinki, which is in Jewish Community Centre which is commonly referred as synagogue - the temple itself is in the community centre and in the same building as the school) -> learn -> come home at 21), though I have come up with a plan: I can stitch small items while waiting the lesson to begin (I usually have about 20-30 minutes to wait due buss scheduling (I'm too lazy to use the bus- train combo)) and therefore have some progress every day.
I will probably take something small with me to the course too, in case there are any idle moments (lunch, coffee breaks etc.).

And now, I am off to bed... (I foresee some lousy peak flow results in the morning. *grin*)

No comments:

Post a Comment