Wednesday 29 August 2007

Fear me Maslov! aka. Codiaeum variegatum


According to Maslov's hierarchy of needs you fulfill your basic needs before you fulfill your need for beauty. Aesthetics are the fifth and highest level of the hierarchy.
And I realised today that in my case need for beauty is a basic need and sometimes goes even before eating i.e. one part of survival.

We visited Viherpaja, a local "greenhouse" (it's more of huge flower shop which is built in old greenhouses), today (Check this link for pictures, there's also shots from their Japanese Garden which is lovely place, even though small - and the Cactus Garden is nowadays filled with cacti) and as they accepted Visa Electron I had to buy a Croton because I find its colours very inspiring and cheering.

No comments:

Post a Comment