Monday 27 August 2007

Round Happy Dance #34, stash and plans


But as it is a freebie for Periphaeria Designs' next launch I won't share a picture of it before 1st of September - and anyway it lacks finishing (which I'm intending to do during the evening, but noticing how zombified I have been today I'm not sure can I do it).

Stash!

I received the Blackwork Fruit Bellpull in the mail today and I have to say that it was really worth the about 11 euros I paid for it. I love it how it looks as a chart and the fact that the chart has big enough symbols to read without a magnifier - actually I could read it from other side of my bedroom without any problems *grin* - is a big plus.
I have been thinking that this design would probably look fabulous on black evenweave with golden (or metallic burgundy) blackwork. I know, that metallic part sounds insane, but it would look fabulous nevertheless.

And I can recommend doing business with Pam: she's very nice and answers to stupid questions of a new Etsy user patiently. And she ships fast. ^^

Career plans

One of the options I have came up with since the course started is an apprenticeship.
I would be a part-time student and I would study during my work hours (in sense of getting paid full wage for studying). From what I know I should be get the minimum wage, which is in this particular career ~1500 €/ month (and with some luck my employer could have some financial support from the government for my wage due my health and employement issues). After taxes and living expenses I would still have about 700 euros/ month (which is twice as much I have at the moment) for food, cats, clothes, stash and... I could finally pay my debts and therefore be debt free (and have almost three years worth of experience) when I'd get my degree. (I'd be approximately 32 when graduating and if I wish I could continue on higher level degree in the evenings.)

But, I have found out that I am afraid of commitment. It would take only three years, but I'm having all kinds of worst case scenarios... even though I know that this would be absolutely the best choice for me (I could study and live without working after the regular hours).
We will have a lecturer from local Apprenticeship Office in the end of September and I think I will have a little chat with her.
In the end I will grab this chance if I just can. (The issue is to find the work place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment