Thursday 30 August 2007


About two weeks ago I was still mostly too tired to even open my futon every night (fortunately I am short enough to sleep well on it when it's a sofa) and when I had enough energy putting it back together proved to be very exhausting.
During the home spirometry I have been slowly improving and this weeks has been a ball, even though I get nasty side effects from the medicine. I have actually felt so good that I almost forgot to take my evening meds last night - because, first time in ages, I was able to breathe freely for hours.
But then... I have been taking appr. 1200 micrograms/day instead of my "regular" appr. 600 micrograms/ day. It kind of makes a difference, you know.

The test ends up today and I have to get back to the prescribed dose... I dislike the idea, because my physical (and mental) state won't keep on improving on that small dose and it will take week or two before I get the doctor's appointment i.e. before I can get the decent medication.

And as silly as it sounds I am afraid of not getting the diagnosis for some odd reason, even though I know that I fill the diagnostic criteria (even my and my immediate family's medical history fills the diagnostic criteria). Maybe it's just being afraid of getting back to that living dead I was for months - not to forgot the fact that asthmatic person get sick easier and more severely and the flu season is coming (when I get the diagnose I will get free flu shots because it's cheaper than fill the hospitals with severely ill asthma patients who have flu complications ).

By the way, it was good to nag: the heating is on. (At least it feels like it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment