Wednesday 1 August 2007

Oncoming holiday, exchange things and model scheduling


I will leave you for a while... as I am packing cats with me and going on my mother's cottage for a bit over a week.
I will be offline from 6th to 14th and when I return this blog will be filled with backdated entries of all the stitching I managed to get done and the fabrics I dyed.

I will also get my new camera when I go there so I will probably have loads of pictures to show - as I need to get used to it, right? *grin*

Halloween Exchange

I modified the design I had in mind for Halloween Exchange in a way which I had in mind and I have to say that it turned out way too cute (I just hope that my receiver is not afraid of spiders as there's few of them too).
My intention is to stitch it on a fabric which I dye by myself specially for Halloweeny use. I also know what finishing method I will use and the finished item will be cute, cheeky and useful, perfect exchange item - and I am quite sure I will have hard time to part from it when the time comes.

The Big H. (... project formerly known as The Big Secret Project)

I just got a big envelope from Violarium filled with DMC's 4210. This means that now I have everything I need for The Big H. (14 skeins of DMC 4210 and piece of Zweigart's 36 count Summer Khaki Edinburgh linen), now I just need to make some room into my schedule and start it.

I have been thinking of the schedule of Big H. itself and if I make a goal of 22 hours per month I should get it stitched in ten months. Therefore I need to give it at least five hours per week, which means more or less two evenings. If I get it done faster I am one happy camper, but I think that is quite good goal - anyway I have to work on other designs while stitching the Big H. and notice the possibility that I get to work/ studying (I have applied to one course which is directed to people with health related employment issues and I am quite hopeful on getting on it as my employment rehabilitation councellor (she's really great, by the way) made it obligatory for me to apply -> that obligation may weight enough to get me in when they choose people on that course (and in my opinion they should choose me anyway as I am young i.e. I still have decades before retirement and therefore it would be good investment from government's point of view too)).

No comments:

Post a Comment