Wednesday 28 September 2005

Parcels.

When I woke up and went to comp I realized that I've got message from my (receiving) Fall Secret Pal. Well, she had received her package and she liked things I sent to her:

  • piece of aida,
  • pattern leaflet,
  • beads,
  • SSS's 'Liquorice Tips' floss,
  • plastic canvas
  • Madeira rayon floss
and then there was scissor fob/ ornie (in the eye of the beholder) and card, which I made for her.

In fact that fob was very nice to do, as it was my first blackwork pattern ever. I made it with variegated DMC and added some golden metallics to it, I've to say that it was good as first attempt.
Not to mention that it's cord and tassel were first ones I've ever made, so... not bad from first timer?:

Other parcel.

Then I went to mail box and... I got my goodies from my LNS:

  • Black aida, for SEBE bookmark. (I'm also intending to do one of those SEBE BMs for myself on black.)
  • Plastic canvas, as it's time for me to try it.
  • More beads, for Yule card to someone who has been nice to me this year.
  • Mill Hill's ornament kit.

That blending filament will come later.

Bookmarks.

Once again about bookmarks, apparently I'm unable to talk about anything else. While stitching this one I'm doing now I've noticed that I've been right with something: I just have to do projects which have lots of colour changes as this has been fun to do, and it's full of confetti stitching.
And odd or not, there's only one counting error, and it's there because I was stitching in in the middle of the night. But no one knows where it is as you can't see it without seeing the pattern.

Not to mention that it's turning out beautifully. I am happy with it and I'm not flowery type usually.

Stitchy Link

Stitching humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment