Tuesday 15 April 2008

"Oh, you have really lovely veins..."


That is what the lab nurse told me.
Admittedly I have nice veins as they are very easy to find (oh, I can recall sitting in a taxi in Wolf's arms while he adored the veins on my fingertips *grin*. If I were so inclined I would make a good junkie as those blue lights public toilets have don't hide my veins, that is how translucent my skin is..).

But to the point: the simple blood test turned out to be six test tubes of blood, urine sample and an EKG. I have to deliver the US tomorrow as my dear GP forgot to mention about that and I hadn't drank enough, but, regardless, the results will be ready in Friday.

Once again I am happy about the inexpensive publich healthcare: in theory I pay only 22€/ year of this, no matter how many times I visit the GP or how many times they want to check my bodily fluids.
(For example last year: 2x spirometry, ~8 x GP visit, 2 x phone consultation, 3 x nurse visit, 2 x Thorax x-ray, one morning/afternoon at the ER + all the necessary labs = 22 € (which city pays for at the moment, so for me 0€).)

No comments:

Post a Comment