Saturday 5 April 2008

Ouch


I was on the go whole yesterday and now, after 13 hours of sleep and hours of being awake, I still feel like whole battalion of trucks had drove over me and now they are stomping in my sinuses...

It was nice day though. We, my mother and I, went to House & Garden fair - for free, as we got those free tickets - and hiked around the halls for two hours (and ate loads of candy offered by the exhibitors). My mother found what she wanted i.e. infomation on solar panels and all kinds of things she needs to consider when she begins to renovate her cabin around 2010 (she retires 2013 so she needs to get the house in condition to live in even in her retired years (which means: indoor toilet/ shower/ sauna which means that she has to expand her house a bit)).

Then we did some shopping, as she needed new cabin luggage trolley and had found a good offer - and eventually she bought one for me too as mine broke in Thailand and was trashed when I got back to Finland.

She paid the lunch, too, and after that we headed to see her aunt (my great aunt) (whom I hadn't seen in 11 years, I think).
It was nice as the Great Aunt is still very smart and cheery lady even she's 88 years old (of course she has some issues brought by old age, but taking that into account) - though just before we left she got a phone call and we got to hear that my mother's uncle's wife had passed away few days earlier... they can't bury her before May because there's nowhere to bury her (I think they have a family grave and they can't get anyone who has the right to reopen the grave before that). O_o

I was back at home around 22:30 (I left home 9:30 in the morning)...

In addition to everything there's one noteworthy thing: my great uncle is the youngest of the lot and he has just turned 77. My great aunt is 88 years young and she still lives on her own.
Even though my maternal grandmother (their sister) died in age of 48, she may not be taken into account when predicting our lifetime expectancy as it is possible she committed suicide.
Looking at these numbers it is very possible that our mother will live to be 90, as she has always said, which means that she'll be around for next 31 years - with luck she may even see her great grandchildren from my side.

Looking at the numbers, if I am lucky, I will have over sixty years to live from now if I take care of myself. That sounds quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment