Friday 18 April 2008

1800: And the winner is...


...neurotransmitter dysfunction, which may be or not caused by elevated sugar levels. In other words I will start depression medication in Monday to see will it help.

In addition to this I will run to the health centre 2-3 times a week to measure my blood pressure, because due my PCOs my doctor wants to keep a close eye on my health now that there may be a possibility that I am developing PCOs induced diabetes... I will see him again in May, and before it I need to fast again for new sugar test - and I am on sick leave from now to 4th of May for depression.

And I managed to get a cold in Wednesday so this weekend will be spent mostly sleeping and eating... ice cream! Not to kill cold with cold, but it soothens my throat, which is feeling rather scratchy.

But the most shocking thing (I have always joked about how I will develop diabetes before I turn thirty: it seems that I actually may...) is that my doctor, who is not endocrinologist or gynaecologist knows so much about PCOs! It sounds to me that he may end up prescribing me diabetes medication (which is used to "treat" PCOs nowadays) before I ever develop the disease.
Have I ever said how much I love that man?

No comments:

Post a Comment